We’re trying again on October 18th, weather permitting!
Sign up is required.
The following procedures describe an experiment in outdoor worship for First Presbyterian Church. The service will take place at 9am on Sunday morning October 18th in the parking lot of the Cameron Center off Orange and 4th Streets, and will be led by pastors and the musicians of our Blended Worship Band. This service is not intended to replace our regular Sunday virtual worship, but rather to offer an additional opportunity for those able to come. COVID-19 safety measures and general procedures are as follows:
- Worshipers bring their own lawn chairs or blankets and sit, appropriately distanced, in the cordoned-off area of the parking lot or in the playground.
- All are encouraged to park in the 3rd Street parking lot (near the office entrance), leaving the Cameron Center lot open for worship. Walk around the main building and enter the worship area off Orange Street.
- For worshipers, masks are required when entering and exiting the worship space, while singing, and whenever proper distancing is not possible. Ushers are responsible for ensuring safe distance between household groups.
- Capacity is 50 people and restroom access is limited. Worshipers are required to RSVP using the form below, so that leadership can plan for numbers and have a record of attendance.
- Childcare is not provided. Families are encouraged to worship together in this relaxed atmosphere.
- Worshipers are encouraged to download song sheets onto handheld devices (personal phones or tablets). A limited number of printed song sheets will be available from ushers.
- A stationary offering container will receive offerings upon entering or exiting.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned at entry points.
- Weather-related or other last-minute cancellations/adjustments to the service schedule will be communicated through the church’s Facebook page.
- No one who is experiencing any flu-like symptoms, or has been in contact with anyone who has such symptoms, should attend this service. Attending is a personal choice.
If you have made a reservation, you will be notified of a change or cancellation by email on Sunday morning by 7:30am!