We are a large, diverse church and a member of the Presbyterian Church (USA). For more information about our denomination click here.
For information about our local Presbytery, click here.
125 S. 3rd. St.
Wilmington, NC 28401
General information email
On the Map
Take a look around the Sanctuary.
View some of our stained glass windows.
Vision, Mission and Core Values
Our Vision- A caring congregation where lives are transformed by Christ and all are seeking to grow in faith and love Read more about our vision, mission and core values.
An established Presbyterian group existed in Wilmington as early as 1760, when the first resident Presbyterian minister arrived. In 1785, the “Protestant Presbyterian Church of Wilmington” was incorporated by the State Legislature. The church seems to have continued its semi-independent existence until April 4, 1817, when it was received into the Fayetteville Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church.
Fire destroyed the first three buildings erected by this congregation. The first two, built in 1818 and 1821, were located on Front Street, between Dock and Orange. The cornerstone of the 1821 building is now at the foot of the stairs of the Kenan tower. The third building, which was constructed on this present site, was dedicated on April 28, 1861 (just weeks after the start of the Civil War), and burned on New Year’s Eve, 1925. It was succeeded by this present building, which was completed in 1928. Read more about our history.
Rev. Dr. Daniel Lewis, Pastor, Head of Staff
Rev. Diane Giannola, Parrish Associate for Congregational Care
Full staff directory